Why does QCOM collect data from its games?
When you install and use QCOM mobile applications, we can collect and process some of your data for different legitimate purposes.
You will find below explanations regarding the reasons why we may collect data and the legal bases QCOM relies on in each case.
We collect data:
- To provide you with the services you asked for
(e.g., knowing that you completed the first level to allow access to the second one)
- Legal basis – such data processing is strictly necessary for the service(s) asked
- To run analytics and understand how users interact with our product and services in order to continuously improve it.
(e.g. identifying that a feature is annoying for users or that a level is too difficult for most gamers)
- Legal basis for analytics – Legitimate interest. QCOM collects user data for the purpose of its own internal analytics tools. Data is used for the sole purpose of Voodoo analytics tool and is not shared with any third parties. This data processing is based on legitimate interest.
- To serve advertising tailored to the preference and interests of our users
- Legal basis – Express consent. In the countries where collecting users’ consent may be required by applicable laws and regulations, we only process or share personal data collected through QCOM apps for personalized advertising purposes once you express your consent through the pop-up notice included in one of our apps.
Please only note that in the case where you withdraw your consent or where you refuse to consent in the first place, you will still be served with advertising but that may be less relevant to you as it will not be tailored to your interests.
Personal Data That We Collect
а) Activity and Usage Data
d)non-personal information (Analytical Data)
We collect and use non-personal information (Analytical Data) during the use of our apps:
1. Are there any errors in the app? Where and when do they occur?
2. How long do users use our apps?
This helps us to gain a better understanding of our users, to draw conclusions for future concepts. In order to collect this information, we use Google Analytics.
The privacy policies for these services are available here:
Data Retention & Right to deletion
QCOM retains your personal data for as long as needed to provide you Services, unless we are required by law to delete or if we accept your request to delete the information. We will also retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Right to deletion. Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verified request from you, we will:
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
To exercise these rights, you can submit a request to exercise your rights email us email@example.com